Friday, July 25, 2008

Long Beach Aquarium

Today I went with Fairmont to the Long Beach Aquarium and it was so much fun! I had the younger kids (they are all going into 1st grade). They are super cute! I took a group picture of them for you guys to see.
Here are my kids walking through an underwater tunnel looking at all the fish with the other counselor, Erika.
This is one of my favorite Korean kids here for the summer. Heeju is so cute! She might even stay for the school year her mom said! yay!
One of the last exhibits we went into was the Lorikeet Forest. What you do is go into a big bird cage and there are all these birds flying around and they are super friendly! they will just land on you or if you put your hand down on a bar the birds will just walk onto your arms. Well one of the older kids from another campus didn't want the bird anymore and just got really close to me and the bird hopped onto my arm.
Everything was fine until the bird decided to keep climbing up my arm and onto my backpack.
Overall it was a fun day at the Long Beach Aquarium! I love my job! Oh and just some funny things that have happened this summer...
1. At Knott's Berry Farm a lady said that I was a brave women taking charge of 20 4th-5th grade kids.
2. It's been fun lifeguarding the kids because I can push them into the pool and then tell them that they cannot do the same to me.
3. While lifeguarding I have built up a very nice tan.
4. I have met my match when it comes to ping pong.
5. While teaching science I get to act all smart and use big words to impress the kids.

No comments: